Personalized Advocacy After A Personal Injury
With a strong emphasis on personal injury representation, attorney Joel M. Chan understands what people need after they have suffered harm through other people’s negligence. Clients of the firm struggle with medical bills and other challenges, including:
- Loss of wages from taking time off work
- Physical therapy expenses
- A need for accommodations at home for temporary or long-term disabilities
Mr. Chan and the staff at the Law Offices of Joel M. Chan help clients pursue maximum compensation, making a real difference.
Getting The Facts, Getting The Results
Mr. Chan lifts families’ burdens at a time when they are focusing on taking care of their loved ones who have been in serious accidents, including:
- Car, truck and motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driving and distracted driving accidents
- Public transportation injuries
- Taxi, Uber and Lyft vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Accidents on dangerous premises
- Injuries caused by the use of defective products
- Fires and chemical spills
Accidents such as these often result in broken bones, back injuries, amputations, burn injuries and puncture wounds. An important part of every personal injury case is an investigation into what happened and why.
About Accident Investigations
Mr. Chan gathers detailed information from doctors’ reports, eyewitness testimony and injured people’s self-reports on their condition. Through accident reconstruction, he discovers who is liable (responsible for paying). He helps clients take legal action to recover the financial support that they need. He often learns that someone else was negligent, such as when:
- Another driver was reckless.
- A truck did not have proper maintenance.
- A truck driver drove too many hours and did not get the legally required rest for commercial driver’s license (CDL) holders.
- A driver ignored California’s traffic rules at crosswalks.
In premises liability cases, it often turns out that homeowners and business owners did not maintain their properties well. As a result, clients of the firm have suffered injuries because of dog bites and violent attacks in areas without proper fencing, lighting or other security features.
After a workplace accident, Mr. Chan may determine that a negligent third party such as a delivery driver, an inspector or a subcontractor created hazards that caused injuries.
Request A Free Consultation
At the Law Offices of Joel M. Chan, you will not owe attorney fees in an accidental injury or fatality case until you receive a verdict or settlement.
Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese are spoken at the firm, as well as English.